Powerflasher have published their release candidate for FDT v1.1.
The most visible changes are:
- Placing the mouse cursor on a variable or type/class name highlights all occurences of it in the current class (Editor “Mark Occurences”)
- Better code-folding
- More detailed settings in Window-Preferences regarding encoding, folding
- Jumping to methods and classes via CTRL + click on the class-name/type
- First steps towards refactoring. If you rename a class or move it to another folder within the Flash Explorer it’ll replace the according names within the class file. It doesn’t change the imports of the project though… see FDT 2.0 announcement below
Here’s the list of all changes.
To install you need to got through the usual installation steps again, using a different URL. Note that this is a Test version. I’ve been using it since a week and so far haven’t encountered any problems.
Here are the installation instructions taken from their site with the test URL:
- Open Eclipse.
- Choose “Help”->”Software Updates”->”Find and install…”.
- Select “Search for new features to install” and choose “Next”.
- Choose “New Remote Site”.
- Insert “FDT” as name and the URL “http://fdt.powerflasher.com/updateTest”.
- Confirm with “OK”.
- Mark “FDT” and choose “Finish”.
Another exciting news is that they are working on their next major release FDT 2.0 with proper refactoring! Apparently the upgrade prize will be reasonable:
There will be no detriment for all existing FDT-owners with the upgradeprice, so there is no need to wait with licensing.